The Waterford Scrabble Tournament is scheduled to go ahead (subject to COVID 19 not raising its head again and putting a spanner in the works!)
The event was originally planned to take place on the 12th & 13th September, but has been changed to 26th & 27th September so that we can use the bigger room, to take account of social distancing. The tournament will take place in the Woodlands Hotel & Leisure Centre.
There will be several restrictions and safety measures in place – some still to be decided – but all players are asked to respect the following measures:
- event only open to residents on the island of Ireland (no overseas attendees)
- no attendees who have been overseas in the 14 days leading up to the event
- all players to wash / sanitise bags, tiles and boards before the event
- all players to sign a declaration that they are symptom-free, have not been in close contact with any known or suspected cases of covid-19, and have not been overseas in the previous 14 days
- hand sanitiser on every table, to be used at the start and end of every game
- tea & coffee dispensed by one designated person
- individually wrapped bars / biscuits at tea break
- payment online before the event
- results sent by text at the end of each game, rather than handed in on paper
- pairings and standings online and / or projected onto a wall, to reduce people congregating
This will be an open tournament with 15 games played over two days.
Registration 9:15am to 9:45am on Saturday, first game 10am sharp. Note – registration closes 15 minutes before first game. Event finishes 5.15pm on Sunday.
The hotel has a range of B&B rates for single / double / twin rooms, with or without dinner. Please contact the hotel directly to book, stating that you are attending the tournament.